Although primarily a Flipkart-friendly credit card, the Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card does offer some benefits on purchases from other online stores too. It offers good cashback offers, while also crediting users with Axis eDGE reward points. You can convert your purchases to EMIs to ease payments. The card is definitely not for frequent travelers, domestic or international, with no benefits in that regard.
Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card Features
- Annual joining fee of ₹750 + applicable taxes
- Welcome bonus of ₹1,000 Flipkart voucher; on making 3 purchases within the first 45 days
- 10% discount on Flipkart buys within the first 5 days in each month
- 5% discount on Flipkart buys for the rest of the month
- 2 AXIS eDGE reward points for every ₹200 spent
- 3X reward points for online purchases
- Minimum 15% discount on dining at partner restaurants across India
- Customers can convert purchases above ₹2,500 into EMI payments
- Mobile alerts on transactions and online statements
- On total annual spend of ₹2,00,000, customers can get up to ₹10,000 as cashback, 4,000 reward points and ₹8,000 worth of Flipkart vouchers.
- There is a price protection cover applicable only for Amazon, Snapdeal and Flipkart, on a minimum purchase of ₹2,500. This means that Axis will reimburse you the price difference, in case you find a lower priced product.
- 3.5% foreign exchange markup fee
- 3.25% interest on cash advances per month
- Applicant can be an NRI or a resident Indian, within the age bracket of 18-70
- 1.5% interest per month on monthly reducing balance in EMI transactions
- No card replacement fee
- Points can be redeemed to earn exclusive discounts and Flipkart vouchers
- No airport lounge access
- Reward points and discounts are not applicable for online travel bookings
- No fuel surcharge waiver
- No insurance coverage against fraud
- No concierge services
- No golf club access
- Limited partner brand benefits at an annual fee of ₹750. On the other hand, the Citibank Cashback Card offers much more at a lower annual fee.
- Exclusive benefits only for Flipkart buys
- Customer services have been poor in some parts of the country
- No benefits for car rentals
- Not accepted globally
- Definitely a card for Flipkart loyalists. It can be used to get exclusive Flipkart products, like iPhones and laptops, at unbelievably low prices.
- Price protection cover, which assures the lowest prices
- EMI options for purchases
- Suitable for beginners and moderate spenders
- No travel benefits
- High interest rate
- High foreign currency mark-up fee
- Doesn’t offer much value outside Flipkart
Have you used this credit card? Please let us know in comments what your experience have been.
AXIS Bank Buzz Credit Card
Axis Bank’s Buzz Credit Card mainly benefits people who shop extensively on Flipkart. So, should you get it? Here are some facts.