Canadian International School (CIS) was founded in 1996 with only 15 students in its first batch. However, with its holistic education programs, it soon rose to prominence and is ranked among the best schools in Bangalore today.
Canadian International School, Bangalore, Features
Canadian International School has excellent infrastructure and facilities. Here are some of its key features.
- The school runs entirely on solar energy. It is the first school in India to do so.
- Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) curriculum in grades 9 & 10. Students take IGCSE exam at the end of 10th grade.
- In the 11th grade, students are transitioned into the International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma program. CIS was the first IB school in Bangalore.
- CIS is also an iPad school and the first one in South India.
- Computer and science laboratories, AV rooms
- Specialized labs for science, maths, language and technology
- Sports facilities include soccer field, basketball courts, tennis courts and swimming pool
- The school has tied up with many leading sports academies to provide professional training to students who wish to improve their skills.
- Non-sports, co-curricular activities including visual arts, music, dance, drama and theatre. The school has separate dance, music and arts & crafts rooms and a performing arts center.
- CCTV surveillance
- Pick and drop facility
- CAIE and IB curriculum can be quite tough.
- There is no option for CBSE/CISCE curriculum.
- Excellent infrastructure and facilities
- CIS is an iPad school
- No option for CBSE/ICSE curriculum
Do you have any insights to share about this school? Please share in comments so others can benefit.