Founded in 1812, Citibank is the consumer division of the American multinational financial corporation, Citigroup. The Citi PremierMiles Card is an excellent credit card for frequent travelers. Other than providing the regular credit card services, it rewards you for all the travel miles you have accrued. The Citi Miles program earns you free travel miles on both overseas and local travel which can be redeemed on a wide variety of frequent flyer programs.
Citi PremierMiles Card Features
- Get 10,000 free miles on joining as long as you spend ₹1,000 within 60 days of the card being issued.
- 10 miles for every ₹100 you spend on airline transactions
- 10 miles for every ₹100 you spend on the exclusive website, PremierMiles.
- 4 miles for every ₹100 spent on all other transactions.
- You are rewarded 3,000 miles on renewing the card.
- The miles you have accrued can be redeemed at over 100 airlines that have partnered with Citibank. You can redeem these miles up to 3 hours prior to take off. The accrued miles don’t expire, and you can get benefits from them any time you want.
- Miles can be transferred on Delta Airlines, Cathay Pacific, British Airways, Malaysia Airlines, Thai Airways, Eva Air, Singapore Airlines, Etihad Airways, Qatar Airways, Air India and many more. For every 2 miles you transfer, you get 1 Frequent Flyer Air Mile.
- The card can be used in India as well as abroad.
- It also gives you access to many premium airport lounges across the country.
- It also provides some value-added services, including instant loan, air accident insurance up to ₹1 crore and easy payment and balance transfer options.
- You also get lost card liability cover insurance up to ₹2 lakhs.
- You can also earn rebates when shopping at any of their more than 500 participating retailers in and out of India. MakeMyTrip is one of these participating retailers. On joining you get ₹1,200 cash back on booking domestic flights on MakeMyTrip.
- Yearly interest rate on the Citi PremierMiles Card is 33% to 44%.
- The annual fee for the card is ₹3,000. Those with a Citibank priority account can get this fee waived off for the first year.
- There are two variants of the Citi PremierMiles Card, the Citi PremierMiles Visa Signature and the Citi PremierMiles MasterCard World. However, the perks are the same for both. The only difference is in terms of lounges that you are provided free access to.
- The ₹3,000 yearly fee is a downside to this card. For people who aren’t frequent travellers, paying such a hefty fee for maintaining the card doesn’t make sense.
- This card is best suited for people who are heavy travellers and is not recommended for once-in-a-while travellers.
- One of the best travel credit cards with a variety of benefits.
- Air accident insurance and lost card liability cover insurance.
- Hefty annual fee makes it unsuitable for people who aren’t frequent travellers.