Headquartered in Mumbai, HDFC Bank Limited was established in 1994. As of 2019, it boasts 5,103 branches and 13,160 ATMs across 2,748 towns and cities in India. In terms of assets, it is India’s largest private sector lender. Among its premium card offerings, the Business Regalia Credit Card provides access to world-class benefits and privileges to help you conduct your business with ease.
- Get 5% cashback up to ₹500 on making payments for telecom bills, railway bookings, dining, electricity bills, tax payments and taxi bookings.
- Earn 4 reward points for every ₹150 spent on the card via the rewards programs. Earn up to 40 reward points at participating merchants.
- Earn 10,000 reward points on spending a minimum of ₹5 lakhs per year and 15,000 reward points on spending at least ₹8 lakhs per year.
- Redeem reward points in a variety of ways, such as for buying exclusive gifts, making hotel or travel bookings or converting them into air miles.
- Gain access to dining offers at more than 3,000 premium Indian restaurants.
- Get free Club Vistara Silver membership, which includes benefits such as priority check in and boarding, extra baggage allowance of 5 kg on Vistara flights, and 9 Club Vistara points for every ₹100 that spent on booking Vistara flights.
- Save up to a maximum of ₹6,000 each year on fuel expenses.
- Get Air Accidental Death Protection coverage that allows you to nominate a person to receive up to ₹1 crore in case of your demise due to an air accident.
- Primary cardholders can get emergency overseas hospitalization cover of up to ₹15 lakhs during international trips.
- Priority Pass Membership allows free access to more than 1,000 airport lounges globally and other free facilities, such as internet, fax, conference rooms, phones and refreshments.
- 12 free access to lounges within India through the Visa/Mastercard Lounge Access Program.
- Protection cover of ₹25,000 in case you miss an international connecting flight and another ₹25,000 as cover in case of flight delays.
- Get card liability protection of ₹9 lakhs, along with burglary and fire protection for items of value more than ₹5,000, for 180 days.
- There is a reward redemption fee of ₹99 that cardholders need to pay each time they want to use their reward points.
- Several cardholders have complained about the customer service team being very unresponsive and often not helping in dispute resolution.
- There is no clear communication from the company about changes in terms and conditions.
- The 5% cashback option is only for those who spend at least ₹20,000 on the card
- The maximum points that can be earned through shopping at partner merchants is 5,000.
- Multiple benefits across various purchases and travel bookings
- Multiple types of insurance cover, such as air accident, medical and theft.
- Free access to more than 1,000 airport lounges across the globe
- A wide range of dining offers at more than 3,000 restaurants in India
- Poor customer services
- High charges of reward redemption
What has been your experience using this card? Please share with us in comments below.
HDFC Bank Business Regalia Credit Card
With an unresponsive customer service team and high reward point redemption charges, is the HDFC Bank’s Business Regalia credit card really worth it? Read on.