The HDFC Bank Diners ClubMiles credit card is a popular premium option for travelers, with its 2.6% reward rate on transfer partners. First year and renewable membership fee is ₹1,000 + applicable taxes. If you manage to spend ₹1 lakh in the course of the year, you can even get to wave off the renewal fee for the following year. Eligibility criteria for salaried individuals include net monthly income of more than ₹30K, while for self-employed people, the income tax returns should be above ₹3.6 lakhs per annum.
HDFC Bank Diners ClubMiles Credit Card Features
- Welcome benefit of 1,000 reward points and renewal benefit of 1,000 reward points
- 4 reward points for every ₹150 spent, where 1 reward point is equal to 1 AirMile
- Reward points can be redeemed via the exclusive Reward Redemption Catalogue for purchases of electronics, e-vouchers for shopping, dining discounts and more.
- Based on the reward points and redemption value, customers can get a cashback of 1.33% on normal spending and 13% on SmartBuy spending on selected items.
- Customers can get up to 10X reward points on SmartBuy and international purchases.
- Customers can book air tickets or hotels across 150+ airlines and choice of hotels
- Up to 6 complimentary access for 700+ airport lounges worldwide
- Exclusive global dining offers, with over 1,400 offers across restaurant partners in 70 countries
- Customers can get up to 15% discount on 3,000+ choicest restaurants around the world.
- Air accident insurance coverage of up to ₹1 crore
- Emergency medical expenses coverage of up to ₹25 lakhs
- Travel insurance coverage of up to ₹50K on baggage recovery delay. The figure has been capped at $10 per hour for up to 8 hours of delay.
- Credit liability coverage of up to ₹9 lakhs
- Extensive network of partners across the world, including UBER, Club Vistara, British Airways, Trident Hotels, Flipkart and many more
- Unlimited complimentary golf games at premium Indian and international golf courses.
- Flower and gift delivery assistance, including limousine and car rental referral and assistance through 24×7 concierge service access
- Customers can manage international daily limit online through net banking
- Lounge access is permissible only for primary card holders
- Expensive option for people who infrequently travel internationally. They might benefit more from cards like Citibank First Citizen Titanium Credit card or JetPrivilege HDFC Bank Signature Credit Card
- HDFC Diners Premium and Diners ClubMiles differs only in the category of AirMiles redemption, with the former being cheaper.
- Wide options of airlines and hotel bookings around the world
- Useful for frequent international travelers, who can’t afford HDFC Diners Black
- Best values on reward points redemption
- Low joining fee compared to some of the other premium credit cards, despite greater benefits
- Limited lifestyle benefits, compared to other similar cards
- Reward points cannot be accrued for e-wallet funding and EasyEMI transactions
What is your experience with this card? Please let us know in comments so others benefit.
HDFC Bank Diners ClubMiles Card
For those people stuck with the HDFC Diners ClubMiles is a popular replacement for the Diners Black card, with 2X more value on Airmiles redemption. Read on for more.