Headquartered in Mumbai, HDFC Bank Limited was established in 1994. As of 2019, it boasts 5,103 branches and 13,160 ATMs across 2,748 towns and cities in India. In terms of assets, it is India’s largest private sector lender.
So, when this bank offers a premium credit card, you would expect nothing less than the best. And, that is what it has done with the Regalia credit card. So much so that if you visit an airport lounge, they would recognize the name Regalia, rather than mentioning MasterCard Visa Signature! In fact, most Indian premium credit cards have been designed in the footsteps of this card.
- Earn 10,000 reward points on spending ₹5,00,000 or more in a year, and 15,000 points on spending ₹8,00,000 or more in a year.
- Access to a Complimentary Club Vistara Silver membership that gives you many benefits on Vistara Airlines, such as 9 reward points for every ₹100 spent, priority check-in and 5 kg extra baggage allowance.
- Free 1-year Zomato Gold membership that offers perks, such as one complimentary dish per meal and up to two complimentary drinks at 4,000+ partner restaurants.
- Access to more than 1,000 airport lounges globally via Priority Pass Membership.
- 12 complimentary lounge access in a calendar year through the Regalia Visa/Mastercard Credit Card Lounge program.
- Contactless Payment Technology enabled, which will help in making fast, convenient and secure transactions at various retail outlets.
- Best in class rewards program, which offers 4 reward points for ever ₹150 spent on the card.
- You can use the reward points for travel bookings, purchasing exciting gifts or convert them into AirMiles on leading international and national airlines.
- Get the lowest foreign currency mark up of 2% on foreign currency purchases
- Waiver of 1% of the convenience fee on fuel purchases.
- Facility of 50 days of interest-free credit and of making payments (a minimum of 5% of the total due) by carrying forward the balance amount at an interest charge of 3.49% per month.
- Round the clock travel and multilingual concierge services for hotel, airline or movie ticket bookings.
- Insurance cover against various risks, including air accident death cover of ₹1 crore for nominees.
- Facility for overseas hospitalization through insurance cover of ₹15 lakhs.
- Up to ₹900,000 worth of credit liability cover
- Several HDFC Regalia card holders have complained about the query handling and delayed response by the customer service representatives.
- Recurring issues faced by many customers in redeeming reward points on the HDFC website and/or retail outlets.
- Several instances of errors in billing and being charged for free lounge visits.
- Perks and benefits across various categories of purchases, from airfare to dining out.
- Air accident cover and overseas medical care cover for emergencies outside India.
- Lowest mark-up of 2% on foreign currency transactions.
- Unprofessional and unhelpful attitude of customer service representatives
- Problems in redeeming reward points and discrepancies in information provided.
Have you had experience with HDFC Regalia credit card? Let us know in comments below.
HDFC Bank Regalia Card
HDFC Bank Regalia Credit Card is the blueprint other banks use to design their premium credit cards. Here’s why.