The IndianOil Citi Platinum Credit Card is a value for money card, where customers can get approximately 70 litres of fuel for free. The credit card also awards reward points for redemptions in-store or online across various lifestyle, dining and travel partners. Moreover, if you spend more than ₹30,000 on the card in a year, the annual membership fee is waived off.
IndianOil Citi Platinum Credit Card Features
- Annual fee of ₹1,000 + applicable taxes. Zero annual fee if you spend at least ₹30,000 in a year with the card.
- 4 turbo points for every ₹150 worth of fuel purchase, where 1 turbo point is equal to ₹1 worth of fuel. Yearly savings on fuel worth ₹4,827, which approximately comes to 71 litres of petrol.
- 2 turbo points on every ₹150 spent on groceries and at departmental stores.
- 1 turbo point against purchases such as dining, shopping and more.
- Flexible redemption program, where customers can redeem points for free fuel at over 1,200 Indian Oil outlets or get e-vouchers from partner brands or for online purchases at selective merchant outlets.
- Services like Citibank Online, SMS banking, mobile banking and CitiPhone banking
- EMI option on shopping bills above ₹2,500 at more than 2,000 mobile phone and consumer electronic outlets.
- Online statements and mobile alerts on transactions
- 24X7 customer support for all queries regarding the credit card
- Interest rate @3.25% per month
- Withdrawal rate @2.5% in India, and $7.50 at international ATMs
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver in addition to turbo points
- Addition of extra airmiles for Air India and Jet Airways passengers
- 15% discount on dining purchases
- Customers need to have a good credit history with a stable income job, while being within the age group of 18-70 years to be eligible.
- Personal concierge services for air ticket bookings, gift deliveries and making dinner reservations.
- Instant redemption facilities available on all partner websites, such as Indigo, Shoppers Stop and MakeMyTrip.
- Fuel points are applicable only for Indian Oil fuel stations. So, this card is advantageous only if you have a lot of them in your vicinity.
- Turbo points on purchase of fuel is capped at ₹10,000 (267 points approximately) per month. In case you are traveling long distance on road, the card will offer limited benefits.
- Turbo points on grocery and super-market purchases are capped at ₹5,000 per month.
- No cashback options
- No benefits regarding access to priority airport lounges, both domestic and international
- No golf services
- The Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium credit card might be a better choice, since it offers 5% cashback on fuel, grocery, online purchases and utility bills, along with cashback on UBER rides too. Moreover, the fuel points are applicable in all petrol pumps.
- Savings on fuel costs
- Non-expiry of reward points
- Flexible redemption services
- Favorable customer reviews
- Citibank dining benefits
- Restricted to Indian Oil petrol pumps
- High-interest rate
- No travel benefits, such as airport lounge access or airline partnerships
- No cash back
Would you recommend this card? Let us know in comments please.
IndianOil Citi Platinum Credit Card
This is one of the best co-branded credit cards if you want save money on fuel and it gives flexible redemption options too. Here’s more.