IndusInd Bank is a well-known private sector bank in India, established in 1994 and headquartered in Mumbai. It provides a plethora of financial products and services for personal and commercial banking. Among its varied portfolio of financial services, it also provides credit cards that offer specialized and customer friendly benefits.
The Platinum Aura Edge card by IndusInd Bank comes in both Visa and Mastercard variants. This card is suitable for those who are looking for travel, lifestyle and dining benefits.
- The welcome offers include EazyDiner and Makemytrip gift vouchers that can be used across 2,000 Indian restaurants and for booking flight tickets, respectively
- Complimentary personal air accident cover of up to ₹25 lakhs
- 24 x 7 help in case of emergencies, through services such as emergency fuel supply, repairs, flat tyre, or medical assistance in the event of an accident
- Total Protect security feature that provides insurance against unauthorized card usage in the event of loss or theft of card
- 2.5% fuel surcharge waiver for fuel purchases between ₹400 to ₹4,000 at any petrol pump across the country
- Round the clock, efficient Platinum Concierge services that provide assistance for hotel and flight bookings, insurance, foreign exchange, etc.
- Get up to 2.5 reward points when you book flight tickets, pay mobile phone bills or pay electricity bills.
- Earn 2 reward points on the purchase of electronic items, consumer durables, shopping in departmental stores, or when you pay bills in bars and pubs.
- Enjoy 1.5 reward points on paying medical bills, booking train tickets through IRCTC, booking movie tickets under Platinum Aura Edge Party Plan, food and drinks bill, buying books, paying insurance premiums and on car rentals
- Get up to 4 reward points when you use the card to check out of a hotel
- Earn 4 times the reward points with select merchants
- On other transactions, you also get 0.5 points on every ₹100 spent on the card
- You can redeem these points in the form of air miles or as cash credit, where 1 point = ₹0.50
- Reward points can also be used for online shopping or to buy gift vouchers
- The card comes with a high Annual Percentage Rate (APR) of 46%
- The interest rate for finance charges on the card is 3.83%
- Several customers have complained about unresponsive and unhelpful behavior of the customer service team
- The reward point system gives very few returns, as compared to other cards, such as HDFC and Axis bank credit cards
- A lot of users have expressed the need to increase the credit limit on the Platinum Aura Edge card
- Good welcome offers
- Fuel surcharge waiver on all petrol pumps across India
- Protection against unauthorized card use due to theft or lost card
- High fees associated with the card
- Low credit limits provided
- Unprofessional attitude of customer services department