Established in 1994, IndusInd Bank is headquartered in Mumbai, As of December 2018, it had 1,558 branches and 2,453 ATMs spread all across India. It also has representative offices in Abu Dhabi. Dubai and London. The bank was started by an investment of ₹1 billion, of which ₹600 million was invested by Indian residents and the remaining ₹400 million was put in by NRIs. IndusInd bank has specialized in providing retail banking services and has upgraded its systems continuously by bringing in new technologies. The Platinum Credit Card is a travel and lifestyle card offered by the bank.
- When you pay the joining fee, you get welcome gifts such as e-gift card from MakeMyTrip, EazyDiner gift voucher and other gift vouchers from Jet Airways, Woodland, Hidesign, Yatra, William Penn, Armani, Satya Paul, United Colors of Benetton, Pantaloons and Titan.
- Earn 1.5 reward points on every ₹150 spent on the IndusInd Platinum card.
- Freedom to redeem reward points in exchange of gift vouchers at Oberoi Hotels & Resorts Stay, Indus Moments, Genesis Luxury, as well as air miles on partner airlines or as cash credit.
- Facility for complimentary golf lessons and attending games conducted at the best golf clubs in Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Pune and Bengaluru.
- With the Priority Pass program, gain access to more than 600 airport lounges internationally.
- Round the clock, global concierge services that include assistance in flight booking, hotel reservation, pre-trip help, gift shopping, sports and entertainment booking. All of this is just a phone call away.
- Get access to the Travel Plus program, under which you can get waivers on lounge charges up to 8 times in a calendar year.
- On road services, such as medical assistance, battery service, flat tire service, emergency repairs and fuel supply, towing service, etc. This is available 24×7, all through the year.
- Get BookMyshow’s “Buy One, Get One Free” offer on movie ticket bookings, twice in a month.
- No fuel surcharge on petrol purchases made in petrol pumps across India for bill values between ₹400 and ₹4,000.
- Get ₹25 lakh personal air accident coverage completely free of cost.
- Under the “Total Protect” program, IndusInd Bank gives complete protection in case of any unauthorized transactions made on your Platinum card due to card theft.
- While you do gain access to a large number of airport lounges, you need to pay the usage fee at each one of them.
- The surcharge waiver is set for a minimum fuel purchase transaction of ₹400.
- There are a number of hidden charges that customers have complained about in several reviews.
- The customer service team has not been responsive to the needs of cardholders on a number of occasions
- Great welcome bonuses from leading brands
- On road travel assistance services
- 48-hour protection cover in case of lost or stolen card
- Hidden fees and unclear terms and conditions
- Non-cooperative customer service staff
Have you used this card? What has been your experience so far? Please let us know in comments so others benefit.
IndusInd Platinum Card
IndusInd Platinum credit card is a travel and lifestyle card that opens up a plethora of benefits. But does this make up for the cost? Read on.