Kotak Mahindra Bank has designed the Essentia Platinum credit card exclusively for the daily shopper. The card has a joining fee of ₹1,499 and annual charges of ₹749, which is applicable from the second year onwards. The interest that the bank charges on outstanding balance is around 40.8% per annum.
- Earn 10 Saving Points for every ₹100 spent for transactions between ₹1,500 and ₹4,000 at departmental or grocery stores, at a conversion rate of 1 Point = ₹1.
- On you first card swipe, you get two BookMyShow vouchers, within 60 days of making the transaction.
- On every ₹250 spent on categories other than grocery and departmental stores, you earn 1 Saving Point.
- Saving points can be redeemed online for movie tickets, branded merchandise, airline tickets, mobile recharge, air miles, or as cash.
- To redeem saving points in the form of mobile recharge, air tickets or merchandise, they must be converted to Easy Points, where 1 Saving point = 2 Easy points
- A wide range of other types of offers, such as deals on dining, vacation offers, etc. are also available
- Easy access to priority customer service through KASSIST. You just need to send an SMS that says ‘KASSIST’ to 5676788 from your registered mobile number and the bank will call you back within 30 minutes
- Facility to obtain add on cards with similar features and benefits as that of the primary card
- You can place individual limits on each card and track their expenditure online
- Get 6 complimentary PVR tickets or 1,200 reward points on spending ₹1.25 lakhs on the card with a duration of 6 months
- To redeem the 1,200 points, you can choose to receive 12 free PVR tickets every year.
- You can also adjust the points in the next billing statement or select one from movie tickets, air tickets, mobile recharges or merchandise.
- Make safe and quick payments for transactions up to ₹2,000 through the Visa payWave contactless payment feature in the card.
- Some customers have expressed their displeasure over the careless and non-cooperative attitude of the customer services division.
- The credit limit that the card offers has also been found to be inadequate by many users
- You can only earn a maximum of 500 reward points in a month.
- There is no facility of annual fee waiver in case of reaching a specific spending target
- Good for earning rewards through purchase in big grocery or departmental stores
- Good milestone rewards for users
- Facility to redeem rewards in a variety of ways
- Monthly restrictions on earning rewards
- Unprofessional customer services
- Low credit limit
- No fees waiver option