Established in 1999 by the Isra Trust, Oasis International School is a not-for-profit institution. The school aims at preparing well-adjusted citizens by combining old-school traditional values with education through modern teaching methods.
Oasis International School, Bangalore Features
Oasis is considered to be one of the best international schools in Bangalore. Here are some of its features.
- Follows the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) curriculum. Students take the IGCSE exams at the end of the 10th grade and the AS & A level examination in their senior years.
- The school has a lush green 3-acre campus.
- Good infrastructure, which includes computer and science laboratories, library, a playground and arts and crafts room.
- Facilities provided include dining room/cafeteria, infirmary and bus transportation.
- Sports activities include cricket, football, hockey and indoor games.
- Non-sports, extra-curricular activities, such as music, dance, theatre and dramatics are highly encouraged.
- Students are taken on field trips and excursions.
- Pre-university courses are offered.
- Islamic education is offered to those who wish to learn about Islam and its guiding principles.
- The school hosts a variety of events, such as Independence Day and Urdu Day celebrations.
- Infrastructure and facilities are not at par with some international schools in Bangalore, such as TISB, Oakridge and Stonehill.
- The school provides transportation for students, but the buses are not air-conditioned.
- Boarding facilities are not available.
- CAIE-based curriculum
- Focus on traditional values, including Islamic education for those interested
- Infrastructure and facilities are not the best
- Non-AC transportation
- No boarding facilities
Have you had any experiences with this school? Please share in the comments below so others benefit from it.