Founded in 2000, The International School Bangalore (TISB) is situated on a sprawling 140-acre campus on Sarjapur Varthur Road in Bangalore.
The International School Bangalore Features
The International School Bangalore truly lives up to its name. Here are some of its features.
- TISB follows the Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) curriculum for grades 9 & 10, with students taking the IGCSE exam at the end of 10th grade. For grades 11 & 12, students are offered the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma program. Both CAIE and IB provide internationally recognized certifications.
- The school has smart state-of-the-art classrooms with an ideal student-teacher ratio.
- It puts great emphasis on sports, arts and drama.
- Reviews indicate that their teaching methods are well-researched and structured.
- The school has excellent infrastructure, including science laboratories, library, convention center, amphitheatre, studios for dance, music and arts & crafts, gymnasium, swimming pool, etc.
- Facilities offered include cafeteria, medical care, laundry, pick and drop.
- Sports activities include basketball, tennis, field hockey, badminton, volleyball, snooker and swimming.
- The school sends its students for Model United Nations (MUN) conferences, held both in and outside Bangalore.
- It hosts a variety of events each year for students, including charity events and business fests.
- TISB provides boarding facilities.
- The only real downside to this school is the exorbitant fee they charge, at around ₹6 lakhs per year.
- Some parents might be uncomfortable with the high percentage of boarding students (around 50%).
- Large campus with excellent infrastructure
- CAIE and IB curricula
- High fees
- High boarding ratio
Have you had any experiences with this school? Please share in the comments below so that others can make use of it.