The first batch of students for Vidyashilp Academy was in 1998. Since then, the school has steadily grown in both quality and number of students. It heavily promotes extra-curricular activities like Model United Nations and environmental projects that offer students invaluable experiences for overall development of their personality.
Vidyashilp Academy, Bangalore, Features
Vidyashilp Academy is among the most progressive schools in Bangalore. Here are some of its features:
- 18-acre campus
- For grades 1 to 5, the school has a specially designed, project-based curriculum that they have developed themselves.
- For grades 6 to 12, students can choose between the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) and Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE) curriculum.
- Excellent student-teacher ratio of 1:9
- Good infrastructure with spacious classrooms, well-equipped science and computer labs, skating rink (the biggest in the city), large playground, 25m swimming pool, specialized language lab, cookery/home science labs, music and yoga rooms and a library that includes an e-lab for research.
- Facilities include pick & drop, cafeteria, career counseling, university placements, etc.
- The school encourages and provides training for a variety of sports, including cricket, football, hockey, volleyball, lawn tennis and badminton.
- Other co-curricular activities include visual arts, Model United Nations (MUN), model parliament program, special entrepreneurship program, student council, debate club, journalism (The Shilp Dew project), environmental projects, etc.
- The school has tied up with AFS, an international voluntary organization, for international student exchange and regional school exchange programs.
- Tuition fee is slightly higher than Trio World, but at par with many other international schools, ranging between ₹1,30,000 and ₹2,50,000 a year.
- Option between international and domestic curriculum
- Innovative programs for personality development
- Tuition fee could be a little high
Do you have any feedback/experience to share about this school? Please let us know in comments.